Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granting visa by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
GRANTING VISA – The order of execution
Step 1: Prepare documents in accordance with the law
Step 2: Submit application GRANTING VISA
- Vietnamese agencies and organizations, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners lawfully residing in Vietnam shall submit dossiers at one of the three offices of the Immigration Administration – Ministry of Public Security:
- a) 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
- b) 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- c) 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- Officer receiving the application file checks the legality and content of the application:
+ If complete and valid, then receive the dossier, print and give the receipt, make an appointment to return the results.
+ If the dossier is not valid, the dossier-receiving officer shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier for completeness.
* Application time: from Monday to Saturday morning (excluding New Year, holidays and Sunday).
Step 3: Get results GRANTING VISA
- a) The person who comes to receive the result shall give the receipt, identity card or passport to the officer who returns the result of the examination and comparison.
- b) Time: From Monday to Friday (excluding New Year’s Day, public holiday and Saturday, Sunday).
Implementation method: Directly at the office of Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security.
Components of the number of records:
Dossier composition: Declaration for issuance, supplementation, modification of visa and temporary residence extension (form NA5).
+ Number of documents: 01 (one) set.
Processing time limit: Not more than 05 working days from the date of receipt of complete application.
Subjects of implementation: Agencies, organizations and foreigners lawfully residing in Vietnam.
Implementing agency: Immigration Department
Results of administrative procedures: issuing visas to foreigners, Vietnamese holding foreign passports.
Fees GRANTING VISA
+ Issuing visa valid for one time: 45 USD
+ Issuance of high value visa: Valid for less than 01 month: 65 USD Valid for under 06 months: 95 USD Valid for 06 months or more: 135 USD
+ Transition visa value, temporary residence from an expired passport to a new passport: 15 USD
Name of application form, declaration form: Declaration for issue, visa supplement, amendment, extension of temporary residence (form NA5).
Performance requirements and conditions GRANTING VISA
- Agencies and organizations applying for, supplementing, amending visas, or extending temporary residence for foreigners or Vietnamese holding foreign passports have already had a dossier proving their legal status at the Administration Department. Immigration – Ministry of Public Security in accordance with Law No. 47/2014 / QH13, dated June 16, 2014.
- Foreigners, Vietnamese holding foreign passports with valid passports, visas (except for the case of visa exemption), temporary residence certificates issued by competent Vietnamese agencies, currently residing at Vietnam and not in the category of “not yet allowed to enter Vietnam” or subject to “suspension from exit”.
- Vietnamese citizens applying for, supplementing, amending visas or extending temporary residence for foreigners, Vietnamese holding foreign passports must be persons with parent, spouse, or child relations. for foreigners, Vietnamese people holding foreign passports (present proof of relationship). GRANTING VISA
Legal basis GRANTING VISA
- Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014 / QH13, dated June 16, 2014).
- Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA, dated January 5, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security, providing for the forms of papers related to the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
- Circular No. 66/2009 / TT-BTC, dated 30/3/2009 of the Ministry of Finance regulating the collection, payment, management and use of fees for issuance of passports, visas, entry papers, exit, transit and reside in Vietnam.
- Circular No. 190/2012 / TT-BTC, dated November 9, 2012 of the Ministry of Finance, amending and supplementing the Circular No. 66/2009 / TT-BTC dated March 30, 2009 of the Ministry of Finance. collection, payment, management and use of fees for issuing passports, visas, papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam.
- Circular No. 31/2015 / TT-BCA, dated July 6, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security guiding a number of contents on visa issuance, temporary residence card issuance, immigration permit, permanent residence settlement for foreigners in Vietnam.
- Circular No. 219/2016 / TT-BTC, dated November 10, 2016 of the Ministry of Finance regulating the rates, collection, payment, management and use of fees and charges in the field of exit and entry. transit, residence in Vietnam. GRANTING VISA