When we discuss about photo cards to apply for a USA visa, most people often feel confused and do not know how to take photos properly. The size regulation and its requirements are completely different from the visa photo of most other countries in the world. Because of this, Xinvisaquocte has developed a short guide on this topic – The USA Visa Photography Guide. Join us to learn important information about USA visa photo standards. Xinvisaquocte believe that it takes you less than 5 minutes to read the following information and after reading it, you will know how to take the right US VISA PHOTO.
what do those stars on US VISA mean?: Click here
REQUIREMENT US VISA PHOTO FOR USA VISA APPLICATION DISCUSS ABOUT
- Applicants must submit freshly taken photos within 6 months. Photos must be clear to identify people. Photos are not processed differently than real people.
- The size should be about 5cmx5cm and the entire head should be in the center of the photo. The photo is full-face and not on cardboard.
- Applicants are looking directly at the camera, not looking down or sideways, and the face must occupy 50% of the area of the photo.
- The photos must show the applicant’s entire head, including the face (from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin), between 2.5 cm and 3.5 cm in size and having enough hair on either side. The distance from the eye to the bottom edge of the photo is about 2.8cm to 3.5cm. Applicants should have both ears exposed.
- The photo must be stapled or glued to the nonimmigrant visa application (form DS-156). The stamp is as far away from the applicant’s face as possible. DISCUSS ABOUT – US VISA PHOTO
- The photos for usa visa should have a white and smooth background. Patterned, dark backgrounds will not be accepted.
- Applicants may only wear hats or headscarves for religious reasons, and even then, any part of the face may not be obscured.
- Applicants do not wear sunglasses or other personal devices unless due to health reasons.
- Identification masks or veils are also not acceptable.
- Photos bearing caps of military personnel, airline personnel or other industries are not accepted.
- Photos of applicants wearing tribal or ethnic clothing or hats are not accepted unless the dress is of a religious nature.
Sample for US VISA PHOTO:
In order to get standard photos, you should bring this leaflet to the photo studio when taking pictures.
Attention: DISCUSS ABOUT – US VISA PHOTO
If the US Embassy wants you to submit a digital photo online, it must meet the following requirements:
- The photo must be square and 1200 × 1200 pixels.
- The photo must have a color like the sRGB color space.
- The format of the photo must be in JPEG.
- The size of the image must be less than or equal to 240 KB.
Note that this type of scanned image, you can also print it out when you need to apply, just edit it:
- Photo must be 51 × 51 mm
- The resolution of the scanned image must be 300 pixels per inch or 12 pixels per mm
In addition to the standard photo size requirements, there are also requirements for different types of visas. Depending on the type of visa you intend to apply for, the image format options include:
If you use Form DS-160, it may be necessary to submit digital photos that must meet digital photo requirements. In addition to the digital photo, you may also be required to submit a photo of their request.
For those who are applying for a US immigrant visa to stay in the US permanently, you must submit both photos, the quality of which complies with the standard US visa photo requirements.
Before applying for a visa, remember to find out about the conditions that allow it, including the size and type of photo above. To ensure the visa application process is error-free.
Above is the information of Xinvisaquocte to help you equip knowledge about visa photography. Before taking photos, please consult everyone to know how to take photos of US visas in accordance with regulations and beautiful. While taking photos, please coordinate with the photographer to get the right photo according to the requirements of the US Embassy’s content. Straighten your head, straighten your back, look directly at the camera and open your eyes to get the correct US visa photo. Any questions or any questions you have, please do not hesitate to call Xinvisaquocte’s hotline immediately! DISCUSS ABOUT